How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Song of Solomen 4:1

To all who mourn, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Taking Back...

On January 2nd, I was on my way to the grocery store. My sweet baby girl in tote. We were listening to some new tunes I had downloaded from an artist that I love! Each and every song is heaping with truth! This particular song came on and cut straight to my heart. Nothing like driving with my babe in the back just chillin' out, and there I am, crying like a babe myself! ;)

January being the month of new beginnings, the words of this song seemed so fitting to the changes I am choosing to make in my life this year. I was so overwhelmed with His love for me and the choices I can make to change. I pray that this song blesses you as it has me.






 "Take Back"
Will Reagan & United Pursuit
(these are just a few of the lyrics that I love)

With the wind at our backs 
and in the strength of the Lord,
 we will rise on the wings 
of the dawn;

We're gonna take back 
all the enemy has stolen
from us.

 It's in the blood of the One 
whose worthy.
 
I know God has not forgotten
 all that's lost and broken.

So come and see the turning of 
the tides and come and
 see His sons and daughters rise. 

For how could He
 who did not spare His own son 
not freely give us victory
 against the darkest of nights!


I absolutely love that last part! I am claiming the victory because it is already mine!
 
I am choosing to "take back" all the enemy has stolen from me. He has stolen many things from me through this difficult season in my life and even before that. I'm done looking back and even looking forward had the hardships that may be ahead. It is my choice to USE my experience for something MORE. Satan thought he would use my disease to make me weak, but I refuse to let that happen! I'm not done and am not going to be anytime soon!


1 comment:

  1. THis is a beautiful song, and you're right, so appropriate for the new year!

    ReplyDelete