How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Song of Solomen 4:1

To all who mourn, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. Isaiah 61:3

Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Thoughts...


I mentioned the other day just how busy things were around here. I was quickly reminded of this article I wrote for our monthly MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group at church.


 

As we head closer to CHRISTmas, I can’t help but think of what this time of year is really all about? What am I making it all about? We tend to get caught up in the gift buying, party attending, running here there and everywhere. Is it all that important?

I am challenged this CHIRSTmas, and I challenge you as well, to step back and take a look at how you perceive this time of the year.  It makes me wonder how one day a year can be such a big deal. Why IS it such a big deal? Am I making it a big deal with all the gifts, the parties, the food, and spending time with family and friends? That’s all great, don’t get me wrong, but there’s gotta be something more to December 25th…right?

YES! There is! That tiny babe, Jesus, born many years ago came to give life! HE is the ultimate gift. He is life! THAT is what December 25th is ALL about!

We prepare months in advance for this day; decorating, baking, party attending, gift giving, etc. I am so challenged to change this CHRISTmas. I want to share the love of Jesus with others as much, or more than I do decorating, baking, attending parties, and gift giving. I want my daughter to see me more concerned about sharing the love of Jesus to others than being worried about having the house perfect for guests and having the gifts wrapped to the T. 

So as you spend these days going to and fro, frantically trying to cross things off that never ending “To Do” list, and spending time with family and friends who may not know the special gift of Jesus, remember; it is because of that babe, who gave us pure, unending grace when He hung on that cross, that we can live life fully with purpose and fulfillment. He has washed you and me of our sins, completely! Open yourself to that today and begin sharing it! There is nothing you can do to make him love you more or less!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment