How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Song of Solomen 4:1

To all who mourn, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. Isaiah 61:3

Friday, August 10, 2012

Here We Go...

I first want people to know I am a terrible writer. I am not an English teacher or an A+ student! I own run-on sentences! I AM a nurse, who is taught in school to chart to the point not worrying about punctuation. Therefore, this blog is to the point. Containing my thoughts and not really focusing on how proper or correct I am. My hope is that my lack of proper writing does not deter you from reading. :)

Because of my medical profession, I will do my best to explain terms and try not to use nursing shorthand too much! Also, I will not hold back details. Yes, I am the wife whose husband says at the dinner table, “hun, I’m eating,” when sharing the details of my work day!

I decided to start this blog to share my recent life happenings. My life took a major turn a couple of months ago. I have been forced to adapt to a new lifestyle. I have witnessed first hand how the beauty of Christ shines through even in the darkest of moments. God is so faithful! I feel it is my responsibility to share how much love he has for me as well as for you! He is in every detail and I want people to see how personal of a God he is! I also think this will be very therapeutic for me as I put my thoughts and feelings out there!
I plan on writing bits of my story here and there throughout the week. Most of it will be things that happened months or weeks ago and some will be the here and now!

Even though I will share a lot of the difficult times, please don't feel "sorry" for me! I pray you will find encouragement and will sense the abundant love Christ has for you! Please feel free to leave comments/feedback for me as I'm just starting! I would love to hear that people are reading.
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Rachel!! You are living out 2 Cor.1:3-4Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the god of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. Praying for you dear, love you Lori B

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant wait to read more rachel. i admire your strong faith. so many people would let the enemy have his way. praying for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lori and Tiffany! I really appreciate your comments and that your reading! :)

    ReplyDelete