How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Song of Solomen 4:1

To all who mourn, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. Isaiah 61:3

Friday, November 2, 2012

Days Like These, I Love Seeing My Doctor!

So, I had an appointment yesterday with my kidney doctor. I hadn't seen him since August. It's nice that we keep going longer and longer between appointments. That means I'm improving! Woohoo!

I had labs drawn last week, as I always do the week prior to my appointments. Of course, I looked up my results that day. I was pleased to see they were improved from last time. My urine protein level had decreased by HALF since August! 3.3 grams of protein down to 1.5 grams. YAY! 

As my doctor sat down to talk with me, I asked him just how sensitive my kidneys were to further damage. I remembered at the beginning of my treatments, he mentioned how my kidneys were scarred and that they would be more prone to damage from here on out. He told me today that no, my kidneys are not scarred like he initially thought! He said they were not any more suseptable than before I was diagnosed. Meaning, I don't have to worry that they will be damaged again. Of course, there is always a chance they could be, but it is not any more likely than if any other body system was attacked by lupus.

Here's where it gets crazy awesome! ;)

He told me that yes, at the beginning of my treatments, he thought for sure my kidneys would be scarred and things would end up worse. I said, "oh?" He then proceeded to tell me that he was surprised that the steroid treatments had worked. He told me that after my biopsy results came in, and he saw how bad the damage was, he really thought that I would have had to undergo dialysis. "Thank you Lord!" I said out loud. "You must have had a lot of people praying for you." He said. My response was, "oh yes, I did!"(and do! Thank you all!)

Our God is so good! 

He is a healing God. 

My doctor decided I could half my doses of prednisone and cellcept, but stay on everything else. I was hoping to atleast remove SOMETHING from my med list. But that's ok. I'm very happy with that! ;)

I'm looking forward to the weekend! Fun things are planned and I am feeling good enough to participate! 

Here's to the weekend and seeing the good in me. Where I am, from where I have come! 

Thank you Jesus! 

Make it a great weekend and bless someone with the grace you've been given!  

No comments:

Post a Comment