How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Song of Solomen 4:1

To all who mourn, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, September 13, 2012

2012 Walk For Lupus

  
(Click above to take you to the Walk for Lupus Now site for more information)



 So, when I first heard about this "Walk for Lupus," I thought, 'no, I'm not doing that!' For one, I have no energy, and two, it's right in the middle of nap time! Haha. For Elin and I both!

My mom and I then went up to the foundation headquarters this past week to hear a speaker. I was very motivated by the CEO of the foundation to participate in the walk. She shared about the empowering walk, how beautiful the park is, hundreds of people participating, etc. I thought this would be a great opportunity to meet others like myself, struggling with this disease and share how the only strength I've needed to get me through was solely the strength of the Lord!



We decided to create a team for the walk:
"Fighting Strong and Courageous" 



 



It will be a nice afternoon of walking and enjoying friends and family! Looking forward to it! :)


If your would like to join our walk
If you would like to donate

No comments:

Post a Comment