How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Song of Solomen 4:1

To all who mourn, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. Isaiah 61:3

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday!


Wonderful things this week:





A new book I came across while searching for some help as I deal with insomnia. I have read through the first couple chapters and am enjoying it so far! Here is a little bit from the book:

"Unlike His Creation, the omnipresent God who spoke the universe into being exists outside of time. God eternally existed prior to the creation of the day and night order and will continue to exist eternally after that order has passed. consequently, God is not confined by the need or desire to sleep."

"The first key to recognizing the presence of God is to understand that God already abides within hearts of believers. Unlike the disciples who experienced the external power of God during a squall on the sea, those who are in Christ have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. All the necessary resources for a calm heart are already possessed for those who are in Christ. There's no need for another experience, self-help book, or another conference. For the believer, the power within us provides all necessary resources."





Last summer swimming day with my girl! And a bit of a blessing that the sun does not affect me too badly as it does most it's lupus victims. 





I won! I never win stuff like this! :) I will be getting my first 6 cases of Izze the end of the month. That's 365 bottles coming my way in the next year! Can't wait to enjoy and share the goods! If you don't know what Izze is, check it out here. Izze, in a nut shell, is a soda containing 100% fruit juice and carbonated water. Yup, that's it! It's quite tasty!










Indulging in one of my favorite combinations while I make my mother-in-loves birthday cake: chocolate and orange juice! No, I am NOT pregnant people. I have had this crazy love for these two together all my life! ;) 












 Then getting to indulge in a little slice of the final product!














 Have a wonderful Wednesday!


2 comments:

  1. Rachel, Insomnia is nasty...I take An herb called Valerian Root. Works most of the time. You need to ask your DR. if it's ok to take with your medicine and of course in the possibility of pregnancy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lori, it SURE is nasty! I got a sleeping herbal pill from my chiropractor with valerian root! I have not tried it yet, but will be soon. Thank you!

      Delete