How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Song of Solomen 4:1

To all who mourn, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. Isaiah 61:3

Monday, October 15, 2012

For Better For Worse, Sickness Or Health

Today, Jared and I celebrate 7 wonderful years of marriage!

Today, I celebrate and amazing husband, father, caregiver, friend, encourager, on and on I could go. 

Simply put: an incredible man of God. 

I decided to take a look back, way back, into the beginnings of US. 

I was an energetic, emotional, creative, junior high school girl infatuated with a boy! ;) He was laid back, quiet, soft spoken, hot older man. Haha, ok, as in "older man" I mean high school student. Quite hot yes, and still. 

As we celebrate the commitment we made on this day 7 years ago, I can't help but think if I had known at that time the way my health would go, would things have changed? Would I have told him that I could not let his life take that route of having to take care of a "sick" wife the rest of his days?

Jared did not know on or wedding day that he would all too soon know what it truly meant to love me, comfort me, honor and keep me in sickness and in health. 

I know that he would not have it any other way. My supporter and earthly strength.  

He is amazing!

This morning, I watched our wedding video and jotted down some of the words spoken by Pastor Eric B. during our ceremony. The words he spoke are intertwined with photos of our many years. Enjoy!
 
 
  Enjoy differences. Those differences complete you. 



Cherish the fact that God has given you each other to complete you. 
  
As life and reality come at you, grow with one another.



Hang on to one another tightly when trials come, because they will come.


The closer you each remain in Christ, the closer you will remain close as a couple. 


He has joined you as one. This is the day you become one, emotionally , physically, emotionally. Hand in hand you are entering marriage. 


Hand in hand you are stepping out in faith for this awesome journey as being one.



In the years ahead you will need those hands those hands will be both hands strength and of tenderness.

 
 Be firm in your commitment, don't let your grip become week.



Be flexible as you go through change. Hold each others hands with tenderness. Remember, you don't walk this path alone. 



There is also the out stretched hand of Jesus, who is binding the two of you together now. 



I Jared, take you Rachel, to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold from this day forward. For better and for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness or in health to love and to cherish till death do us part. I pledge to you my faithfulness. 



 This ring is a gift to you, as a symbol of my unending love.


 

The same father who gave each of you life individually, is now giving to one another so you can now live as one. 



The two shall become one. 



May the One in whose name you are joined, who worked in your lives as individuals, continue to walk with you in a new light together. 



 What God has joined together, let no one separate. 



As God made you one on this day, may He continue to keep you as one. May you always be aware of His presence, His bond, His love, and His grace. 



Happy 7 years babe!

I love you forever.

1 comment: