How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Song of Solomen 4:1

To all who mourn, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. Isaiah 61:3

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday!


Wonderful things this week:


Saturday was a beautiful and sunny fall day! We spent the day at the Lupus Foundation of America's Walk for Lupus Now. I had a great time and was so blessed by my family and friends who came in support of me, joining my team "Fighting Strong and Courageous"! Also, so grateful for those who did not make it to the walk but who sponsored me! My team raised over $600 for lupus research and advocacy! I am overwhelmed! THANK YOU! 


This photo contains TWO wonderful things!

Because I haven't been able to do much gardening this year, (which weighs on me a bit because I do love to do it and it needs done). My grandpa, who is a retired nursery and floral shop owner, asked if he could redo my flower bed. I of course said yes! He is in the process of moving some of his flowers, from his garden to mine. What a blessing he is!

The other blessing is, that while we were at the walk Saturday, our neighbor, friend, and my cousins husband mowed our lawn for us! HUGE blessing. I was especially grateful because this helped Jared out so much! I hate that he has to take on more around the house because I can't.


My sweeties looking up at the stars on a cool night this weekend. We spent the evening in the back yard around a fire! Ah, bliss. My sister, nephew and her husband stopped over too! It was a fun night!



Silly moments with my girl at lunch time! She loves her peas so much that she stuffs handfuls of them in her mouth. One missed and got stuck ON her nose. Luckily not IN her nose! ;)




I am 2 weeks into the Beth Moore James bible study at church. I am really enjoying this study! This book has been such a help and encouragement to me as I have been faced with these recent life changes. Take for instance the first couple verses and you will see why.
 
   "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." James 1:2-4



Have a wonderful Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment