How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Song of Solomen 4:1

To all who mourn, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. Isaiah 61:3

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful things this week:






 Lunch at Applebee's last week with Elin, my sis, nephew and mom! 
A fundraiser was being held to support a sweet little girl, 8 years old, who has recently been diagnosed with cancer. Please pray for this young girl and her family!  




 I had the opportunity to teach my lupus support group on Monday. I was so glad I was able to do so! I miss being a nurse and educating patients, so this was very fun for me! Although it is always an enjoyable and educational night with our regular attenders, I don't understand how there are only ever 3 people that come and that I am the only one under 50? Lupus strikes women between 20-30 years old. How can we reach these ladies to get the support and education they need? Something I am passionate about!




 Yay for fall! I love fall. Elin says 'CHEEEESE' as soon as I pull out my phone to take a picture! 
LOVE IT! 




Happy 7th Anniversary! I love him. 


 

 We had a blast on our date night Saturday celebrating our anniversary. We went to an AWESOME restaurant where we started out with delicious warm artisan bread dipped in EVOO and balsamic glaze for our "7th" anniversary! Fun! I also indulged in a glass of pinot noir which was oh so tasty. Jared had a fresh mozzarella pizza with basil leaves on homemade dough. This surprised me because he usually is such a meat eater! I had whole wheat penne (I was so excited to see that I could choose whole wheat pasta) topped with grilled red and yellow peppers, onion, and spicy sausage, coated in a balsamic reduction and sprinkled with fresh grated parmesan cheese! YUMMO! Can you totally see my love for food by these descriptions?!?  




After our wonderful dinner, we headed to Starbucks to get a couple coffee's. I had a gift card and a bag of ground coffee we had finished at my parents the previous night. (If you take the empty bag in, you get a FREE tall drip coffee) YES!
Our final stop was to see the movie Taken 2. We had seen the first one and thought it was really good, so we of course wanted to see the follow up movie. Oh dear me. I have been having heart palpitations throughout my normal days, without an intense movie. Can you imagine what I was going through!?! I was literally on the edge of my seat most of the time, asking Jared who's idea it was to see this movie because I was sure I was going to have a heart attack! It was as good as the first by the way! ;)
  



We had a family photo shoot last friday at my parents home. We had such a fun time! This is the first time our whole family has done professional photos! I cannot wait to see the rest and share them with you!





Have a wonderful Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment