How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Song of Solomen 4:1

To all who mourn, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday On Thursday...Oops!



Wonderful things this week:




We were able to spend a wonderful evening with Jared's grandma, who we don't get to see much of! She came in town because her daughter Jackie, who lives in California, came for a visit! Elin got to see two aunties and her great-grandma. It was a fun evening! 



That night also happened to be the celebration of my father-in-love's birthday. We somehow managed to get all the grandkids in the pic! (notice Elin eating a piece of bread. Of course. Best way to get that girl still ;)


  
So, I have a bit of explaining to do in this picture. It literally made me LOL once I realized what I had written.
 I had a rough week last week as far as sleep goes. Insomnia was back, full swing, but I was determined to keep up with my James study. During one particular day, Beth Moore asks us to write what James 1:19 is commanding us to do. This is what I wrote. (notice #2) Oh dear! It gave me a good laugh at least! ;)  



As of Sunday, my sleeping has really improved. I was able to stay up with my honey and watch our show, Parenthood, while indulging in some popcorn and Izze! Oh, and our little moocher joined us!

  

 Even though I had a terrible night of sleeping, I was given just enough strength to take my Elin to the zoo (with the help of my mother-in-love and sister-in-loves).
 I had just told Jared Wednesday night that he needed to take the next day off work because we hadn't taken Elin to the zoo yet. Since I hadn't been able to this spring/summer. It was going to be the last warm sunny day this year. He of course couldn't take off on such quick notice. At least I tried! The next morning I get a message from my sister-in-love asking if we wanted to join her, taking a trip to the zoo! I had maybe slept 3 hours that night but decided I could either be miserable at home or go to the zoo, still feeling miserable but being busy and not focusing on it. We went, and it was a BLAST! Although, I was pretty miserable that night, it was totally worth it!

 


I just have to say I thought this picture was so cute/funny. A rose between many thorns! Haha. My sister and her husband, hosted an OSU party Saturday. Elin wanted to sit by her buddy, JC. (my surprise because she really doesn't like guys at ALL, except family) Well, she must be warming up to them! :) I love how they all are focused on her!


  Have a wonderful Wednesday...(or Thursday)!


1 comment:

  1. I love your Wonderful Wednesday posts! Elin's pigtails are TOO MUCH in those zoo pictures. Too much adorableness :-)

    ReplyDelete